Saturday, July 23, 2011

We leave monday!

I cant believe we are leaving Monday!!  These are our travel plans- Monday at 6 am we take a boat into San Pedro and then another boat for about 2 hours to Chetemal Mexico.  Then we have a 7 hour bus ride to Cancun.  (We will arrive in Cancun hopefully around 7pm.  We are sleeping at the YWAM base in Cancun, and then the girls (girls and guys are splitting up for flying because Marvin can’t go through the states because he couldn’t get a visa)- have to be at the airport in Cancun by 6 am and we are flying to Miami, which I am pumped about because I can use my phone for 6 hours!!  We are then flying to London and will arrive in London Wed morning, so it’s a good 2 days of traveling. The guys will arrive in London Thursday morning, so it will be awesome getting to spend a day in London.  Thursday we will be making our way to Derby, the first place we are doing work. 

We are all very excited to go to England for our outreach, but leaving here is going to be hard.  Bible school in the Caribbean, could it get any better than that?? This has seriously been one of the COOLEST experiences of my entire life.  I am so excited to take what the Lord has taught us to England.  And my team is incredible and I am pumped to travel with my friends.

As of now, internship is still not sure.  There is an orphanage in Northern Thailand in a city called Chaing Mai that me and Tina are talking to, and we are praying to see if its where we are supposed to be.  Please keep that in your prayers!

This week has been outreach prep week, and we have made skits, studied our notes, and got things ready for leaving.  On our trip I am in charge of photography and blogging for YWAM.  It was a good preparation week, and we also got to soak up our last week in the Caribbean with sailing, swimming, snorkeling, and eating some good local food. 

Next time I blog I will be blogging from England!  Yall God is too good, and if you have a dream, DO IT! Because God put that dream in your heart, and it will be better than you could have ever expected.  Sorry to go corny, but I mean it!! I love yall and miss yall so much!!

bec



 me, Tina, and T- so blessed by the friendships here
 self timer, duh
Already had to say bye to laura and i miss her already!

1 comment:

  1. Becca,
    Know all of you are so excited. Sounds like a long day of traveling-boat-bus-plane!! Wish everyone could travel together all the way, but glad you are to Cancun.

    Yes, you will be going from one extreme to another. Instead of sharks, you will be seeing alot of sheep!Ha! Googled Derby and was very surprised at population (235,000). The countryside looked beautiful and there will be alot to see when you get free time. You just have to stay prepared for weather changes.

    Prayers are for safe travel for all of you. Will be waiting to hear from you. God Bless you and keep you safe. Much love, Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete