Saturday, July 9, 2011

Once again, sorry for the delay in posts.  Things here have been CRAZY and so good!! I feel like I have so much to write right now, but ill try and keep it short.  I cannot believe we leave for England in less than 2 weeks.  We will be in Derby for the first 2 weeks for sure, so that is where we are headed.

Last week our speaker was awesome and we had a great week.  This past weekend we started our advanced certification for scuba diving.  We had to go on 5 dives, and one of them we went 140 feet! It was so crazy and one of the coolest sensations I have ever experienced.  When you looked to the top you could not even see the surface, and it was the prettiest color blue I have ever seen in my life.  Then on our way back in between dives (we went on 3 dives and after everyone we come home for about 45 minutes to get the nitrogen out of our bodies) we saw a dolphin and we put on our masks and jumped off the boat and next thing I new these dolphins were playing with us! It was SOOO cool! They were beautiful and played with us in the water for a good 15 minutes.  It was literally a dream come true.   Then our next dive HUGE sharks started feeding on a baracuta.  I watched for like 15 minutes.  They were fighting over it and I kept thinking I was watching Planet Earth live.  It was seriously my dream to see that.  SOOOO cool.  My dive master scared the crap out of me though by grabbing my leg right in my mid watch.  The next day, Monday we went night diving. OH MY GOSH I froze my butt off. But it was AWESOME. It was pitch black and the coolest things come out at night. Eels swim around like snakes. And we saw TWO octopus!!! When you shine a light on them they try and camouflage to the light so they went from like green to orange to purple.  It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.  Basically Sunday and Monday was the best diving I think I will ever experience. It was AWESOME!

This past week we studied faith.  We had our last oral book report Monday .We ended up going to Corosal to do some work.  It was about 7 hours of traveling, including a 3 hour bus ride which was awesome because I felt like I got to know Belize so much more.  It is BEAUTIFUL and we got to see a little of the jungle.  We ended up helping some missionaries finish some construction and did some street work.  It was awesome and such a cool experience.

Today some of us went out snorkeling and ended up spearfishing all afternoon.  We caught 4 fish came home and fried them.  Ally ate the entire thing, eyeball and all.  I couldn’t do it.

It is finally hitting me that we are leaving soon.  Please be praying for this change.  I love it here so much, and kinda don’t wanna leave, but I know its time for our outreach and the Lords timing is perfect. 

Sorry this is a long one, I will update this week sooner than later! I miss and love yall so so much!!

Bec

 so its hurricane season here in belize. it will literally be BLUE skies, and then you look back and the sky is BLACK and a huge storm comes. its kinda exciting. 
 Me and Mo on the bus to Corosal! we guess the bus ride would be 30 minutes. 3 and a half hours later, bladders full, we got off the bus.
Doing some work! Chris felt very hardcore with his sweatband the missionaries have him

3 comments:

  1. So,so happy to hear from you! Can't believe you only have a couple of weeks left in Belize. Can see how much you love it, but what a great adventure lies ahead for you! Praying for each of you to have a safe trip and receive an open arm welcome into the UK. As Forest Gump's Mom said " Life is like a box of chocolate because you never know what you are going to get!" Love that statement because it is so very true. Love you and hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all you are doing for the Lord. I love following you on this blog. It is so special and makes me feel as though I am right there with you. You and your group are in my prayers. God bless you and love you, Aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the post becky boo boo!!! cannot believe you got to see SHARKS!!! and that freaks the poo out of me that you saw eels, yucky! i'm so happy that you got to experience all of those things!! love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete