Sunday, October 16, 2011

Switzerland!

Switzerland is the most beautiful place I think I have ever seen.  I have never seen a place so green, such pretty mountains, or such clean cities.  It is soooo pretty here. We had a tid bit of a shock when we got here though- Switzerland is EXPENSIVE!! The first night we were here we went to find a restaurant and we couldn't find a meal under 30 franks, which is about 35 dollars.. so after searching and searching we gave up and went to mcdonalds (low point) but we walked in there, and a burger, with no cheese, no fries, and no drink, was 13 franks.. For the first time in my life, mcdonalds let me down.  We sadly found out the cheapest eating was at the train station, so we would get the amazing pretzel things at the train station for dinner- we laughed every time.

other than that, switzerland is my new favorite place.  Every morning we woke up and took a train or bus to a different mountain and went on some of the best hikes of my life.  We would basically spend all day hiking and then explore the city at night. One hike we went on was the coolest hike ever- we hiked 3 hours up to this chair lift, and Tina decided to take the chair lift up the rest of the way and we were going to meet at the top.  I kept hiking, it was about 2 more hours, and i hiked ABOVE the clouds to blue sky and it was just one of the prettiest things i have ever seen.  I took about 200 pictures, and at least 50 of myself with the background (cool i know) but it was just AWESOME.

Tonight was our last night in Switzerland so we decided to go to a restaurant and get cheese fondue.  It was pretty good, but i definitely miss the food in Italy.

We are leaving for Paris tomorrow!!

MISS yall more than you know.

bec

No comments:

Post a Comment