Friday, November 18, 2011

Last post

Below I typed up a list of books I have read if you are interested and want some suggestions for some holiday reading!  Also I just posted my post on Portugal right below this one!  But if you are going to read a post- PLEASE READ THIS ONE!!!


We leave Cascais tomorrow and are heading to Lisbon, then flying to London, and then flying home on Monday.  I can't believe the end of this has come so soon- and i can't believe Tina is going to Minnesota and I am going to Texas..  THANK YOU for yall's prayers and support.  I am so blessed by my friends and family. 

The only other time I have ever kept a blog was when I went and spent the summer in Haiti.  I ended that blog just like I am going to end this one.  If you have a dream, DO IT. God has PUT your dreams in your heart, He knows what you are passionate about, because He has made you passionate about them!  He is not a kill joy and wants the best possible life for you.  Do what you are passionate about.  God loves you so dang much and He wants you to ENJOY life.  John 10:10 says "the thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy, but I have come so that you may have life and have it abundantly."  I have wanted to live in the Caribbean my entire life, and the Lord provided an opportunity, so I pursued it, and got to do that for an entire summer, while taking bible classes and scuba diving EVERY weekend! Then from pursing that dream I also got the opportunity to backpack Europe after our outreach in the UK.  God is GOOD. When the Lord provides an opportunity, TAKE IT! He is GOOD! It is not too late, and it won't happen next year- start pursuing what you know you love now! 

The biggest way God speaks to me is through watching other people.  I would not be who I am without my friends and my family, and it has been so encouraging watching the people in my life follow their dreams.  My sister quit her very stable job in Colorado to move home and do what she has always loved- teaching.  Lauren worked her butt off, got an internship with DISNEY, and now LIVES in Disney World in Florida.   Ally knew she always wanted to live in Colorado, she moved having no job and no place to live, and now works at the best architectural firm in Denver and snowboards every weekend with her new best friends.  Nick is doing missions in for a year in 11 different countries- he is seeing the WORLD. Rita is working 2 jobs at running stores working her butt off to finally open her own running store and run her own business.  And all these people are doing better than ever.  Yes it SUCKS we are not all in College Station together anymore, but I honestly think it is better watching people find so much joy doing things that God has created them to love. When you follow your dreams, or do something "different", people are going to tell you you're crazy, but do it anyway. God will do more than provide. He loves you so much.- sorry to get corny on yall, but i really do have a passion for people to do what they are passionate about and not settle for something comfortable or just easy.   

As we said way too many times in college- YOLO- you only live once.  Do it the way God intended.

I love yall, and thank you again for everything. 


THANK YOU mom and dad- yall have supported me through everything- i know yall think i am a tid bit crazy, but yall are my biggest support. I hope one day I can be half of the parents yall are.


Now I get to go home to the best friends and family ever! AND A PREGNANT SISTER!!!!










I'm so excited to come home to my friends and family!!


i loved teaching in Belize


I think i fell in love with the Mediterranean 


Coolest hike I will probably ever go on in Switzerland


I can't believe I got to dive every weekend for 3 months.. I swam with dolphins, sharks, went freaking NIGHT DIVING!


Ally living her life in Colorado





 Nick across the world!


Lauren living her dream at Disney World

1 comment:

  1. loved this post. thanks for the encouragement sister. look how weird my kids are. i love them so much :)

    ReplyDelete