Saturday, November 12, 2011

Spain 2!

Spain is still incredible! It is awesome we have been able to spend 3 weeks here.  Valencia was awesome- It was really fun city with the weirdest looking museums I have ever seen.  We went to 2 of them- the Aquarium (the biggest aquarium in Europe- it had whales. crazy) and the Science Museum.  It was a blast, and of coarse I was in heaven in the aquarium.  One of my favorite things we have done yet, is we spent the big bucks and went on a winery tour in the wine country near Valencia called Requena.  It was AWESOME.  Our tour guide PICKED us up in his Mercades Bins and the first thing he said was "I have never picked someone up from a hostel before- and I was so thankful I when I heard your address, now I can finally have real fun"- not sure what he meant by real fun, but our guide was so nice and the tour was awesome and SO beautiful! It was so cool to see Spain wine country.

We then headed south and have been in the Costa Del Sol for 7 days.  We are in a town called Nerja, and i absolutely LOVE it here.  It is the cutest town ever, right on the beach, and it is surrounded by the Sierra Nevada mountains.  I could live here.  It is beautiful, the people are awesome, and you can beach it and hike/climb on the same days.  There are famous caves here, which is apparently one of Spain's biggest tourist attractions, so we hiked to them and the caves are HUGE. Also, the restaurants are really cheap and we have found really cool small places with the nicest people and awesome food. This has for sure been one of my favorite places.

Something we have learned is the smaller the town we are in, the less amount of people speak English.  You should see us trying to communicate with people here.  Getting more toilet paper took about 15 minutes.

We are heading to Portugal tomorrow and its our LAST long travel day!!!!!!!!! I am so excited about that- because let me just tell you what our long travel days include- tomorrow we are catching a 2 hour bus at 3:30 PM, then our first train is at 6 until 830, then our next train is from 10:30 until 7:45 the next morning (and no, we do not get one of those cool beds on trains) and then we have 2 buses, a metro, and a taxi to our next place. WHEW. wont miss those days;) But we are so excited to see Portugal, I can't believe its our last country, and I will be home a week from Monday!!

Love and miss yall, AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!! Ill see you a week from your birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment