Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sorry I have not updated in so long!  Seeing my parents was great! I got to see them everyday they were here.  My favorite night was they took my entire team out to a nice dinner, and it was just a blast.  I am so blessed by my parents.  The only bummer was my mom got certified to scuba dive so we could go together, and the weekend we were going to go was the FIRST weekend we have had bad weather since I got here.  So we did not get a chance to dive together, but I am pumped she is certified so we can go together in the future.

Last weeks speaker was John Gots and his teachings were awesome.  We also had a book report due last week, and this Monday we have our geography test where we have to learn where all the countries and their capitals are.  I also had devo on Monday and talked about Ecclesiastes chapter 3, and how the timing of the Lord is absolutely perfect. Then Tuesday I led intercession, which is what we have on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and basically intercession is when we pray (intercede) for other people for 2 hours.  its a long time to be in prayer but I love it. So all that to say last week and this week has been crazy!  With my parents being here all last week I have had a lot of school to catch up on.

This week our staff is teaching, which is so cool.  Each staff is speaking for a day and the theme is Purpose and Passion.

I cannot believe we only have a month left to be here.  We leave for England around July 22 (whatever date close to there we can fly the cheapest) and we are there until about September 20.  From there I am going to do my internship, which goes until January 6.  Its weird that the longest part is the last phase.  Please be praying for guidance for my internship.  As of now I am contacting an Orphanage in Phang Nga, Thailand.  It is an orphanage run by YWAM, so we are seeing if they could use me there.  That was I could learn the process of adoption, and its right on the beach which is always a plus.  Google Phang Nga its BEAUTIFUL. If that does not work out I will contact the YWAM base in Kona Hawaii and see if I could do my internship there.  Nothing is for sure and please be praying I am obedient to what the Lord says.

I feel like this was kinda a lame update, but ill update again after the weekend!

Becca

 At my base!
 my team at din!
So glad Francisco and Laura came to dinner!

4 comments:

  1. Boo your Mom and Dad's smile is as big as yours! We are all so proud of you and the work you are training to do for the Lord! You are such a blessing.
    1Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, frm and steadfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can see in your faces what a special time this was for all of you!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful visit! I'm so excited about your trip to England and look forward to hearing where your final internship will be! I have a friend who has been traveling around Southeast Asia, including Thailand, and she loved it! Keep us all posted!

    Love you!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joy it is seeing you with your Mom and Dad and how beautiful your smiles are! I know you had a great visit and know how much it meant to all! I can't tell you how blessed I feel just following your progress and so look forward to your next blog.
    I pray each morning for God to be with you and to lead you to where He wants you to be. You are a blessing in my life. God bless you and love you much, Aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete