Saturday, June 4, 2011

cats gone wild

We just finished up our week with our speaker Jim Peterson.  It was a great week on leadership.  I am still learning so much from all my readings, and am still loving it here.  I still wake up everyday so happy to be living in the Caribbean.  Or sometimes in class I look down and can’t help but smile that there is sand on my feet. Sounds so cheesy but I just LOVE it and was totally made for an island.

Next week is going to be a little different.  I don’t really know what we are doing, but we do not have a speaker and we will be spending our days in town doing mission work.  I am so excited to put what we have learned to practice, and to change it up a bit and not be in class all day. 

Thursday night me, Tina, and T decided to sleep on our dock.  We literally slept over the Caribbean ocean and under the best stars ever.  It was AWESOME and so beautiful to wake up to the sunrise. 

Last night we went into town for dinner, and then I met up with Laura after for ice cream. I know I have talked about Laura, our cook before, but I am just so blessed by our friendship here.  It is seriously one of my favorite things about being here.  The locals here are so cool, and once you are their friend, they really love you and would do anything for you.  I am so glad Laura and I have become such good friends, I think she is the funniest, most blunt person I have ever met. 

Sometimes I am emotionally tired here.  It is always really deep stuff, and we study so much everyday, and its just emotionally draining, so please be praying for that.  I love it, its just really draining some days.

We went diving all morning, and its just so beautiful.  I cant get over how pretty it all is.  Then I biked to Coco beach (the resort I get to spend some time at) and spent the day here.  I am still here writing this and can’t get over how dang beautiful it is!

I will send another update Monday to let yall know what next week is and how you can be praying!

also there are freaking crazy cats here that can meow at volume 30. its really fun at 5 in the morning!

 This was us sleeping on the doc and the sunrise was BEAUTIFUL
this is my small group making smoothies with laura!
 Before town friday night
 Ice cream!
Me and laura at lunch, this is where we eat everyday!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Boo you are blonde!Lauren has a face of an angel. I have never seen you look happier! I love you and miss u Pana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca you look so gorgeous in all of your pictures! I love how intentional you and Laura are with your time on the island. Miss you as always and will be praying for you always. Totes jealous of you sleeping on the dock-keep up that yolo attitude :) much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, if that had been me sleeping on the dock, I would have rolled over, landed in the ocean and drowned! Ha!

    What a beautiful view you have each time you open your eyes. I am sure the verse "Be Still & Know That I Am God!" runs through your mind continuously. Love you!

    ReplyDelete