Monday, May 30, 2011

Cant believe its week 5!

Last week was great learning about the Heart of God.  Our speaker Jeff Pratt was incredible and we learned the five ways God loves us and it is in or hands to accept that.  He can love us no more than He already does.  This week our speakers name is Jim Peterson and he is teaching on leadership.  We have to read another book this week, and I chose the WalMart Way.  It is about how Walmart started and the leadership in that.  I am almost done with Screwtape letters, and we are about halfway through our leadership book for our Tuesday night classes.  Studying here is going great and I am learning so much everyday.

Friday night we went into town for dinner, and then a bunch of us went to a place with live music that was right on the beach and the band was from Dallas!! I felt like I was at home.  They played country and we danced all night.  It was such a fun night.  Saturday we went diving, and we were swimming through these canyons, and we turned the corner and there was a 7 ft black tip shark.  It scared the s*** out of me. ;) Thank goodness we scared the shark so it swam away from us.  Then we were were ascending, these fish that looked like baby sharks looked me straight in the eyes and I knew they were going to attack me.  I got so scared.  But instead they went straight to Tina.  They were biting her hair and goggles.  She went straight to the fetal position.  Being the good dive partner I am I shot straight to the top.  I literally went in freak out mode.  When we got on the boat we could not catch our breath and were freaking out, only to find out the things are remoras, the things that ride on sharks and turtles and eat off of them.  They have no teeth and they suck on people all the time.  They were 2 feet long, and seriously looked like baby sharks.  We got a good laugh and just tell everyone they were sharks. 

Sunday me, Tina, Louise, Ally, and T walked to a resort about 3 miles away and got breakfast.  It was SOOO good and the place was too cute.  We got chocolate bananna pancakes and the best coffee I have ever had.  Then me and Tina spent the day at one of the nicest resorts in San Pedro.  We made friends with some of the workers and it was like we went on vacation for the day.  It was such a good Sunday and we both got a lot of studying done for the week. 

My parents are coming to visit me in 2 weeks, and I CANT wait!! As much as I am loving life here, I miss my friends and family a lot, so it will be so great to see them!

I love and miss yall so much!

 If you look really closely there is a man climbing up that tree to cut the coconuts off so that they dont fall on us.  I thought it looked easy and could not get 5 ft above the ground.
 Chocolate banana pancakes!
 me and Tina, normal day in Belize
This is the resort we got to spend Sunday at! So beautiful!

5 comments:

  1. Honey you are blessed and I am so very happy for you. How special this time is for you and God. Give your Mom and Dad a big hug for me and I know the 3 of you will have a blast! Love you, Aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca! Everything looks breathtaking. I am still so proud of you and praying all the time! Miss you Boo. I even had a dream about you the other night- it was hilarious. LOVE, LAURIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything around you is so beautiful, but I had a real problem with the shark and baby look alikes!!!

    How wonderful that the resorts treat all of you the way they do. Those chocolate banana pancakes looked yummy!!!

    Know you are looking so forward to seeing your parents. Have a wonderful time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW FUN! the sharks, baby "sharks", chocolate banana pancakes, AND going to the resort. looks like a blast! so glad you're enjoying it! i'll be sure to give your parents big hugs when i see them this week so they can pass it on to you when they see you :) so excited for you that you get to read God's Word in His beautiful creation! what a great way to feel His presence. love you so much boo! miss ya like crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Boo, I guess you are diving right now. We are at the track waiting for Aggie to run. I have not been able to post a comment on this blog. I loved your update. I am sure the photos don't capture the beauty but at least you can soak it up ? I love and miss you, Pana

    ReplyDelete