Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Big news!!

So I have big news!  We found out yesterday we are going to the United Kingdom for our outreach, or mission trip.  To be honest, I was SHOCKED. The entire team was. The majority of YWAM outreaches are in third world countries, and I honestly pictured another experience like I had in Haiti.  But this is where the Lord has called us, so we are going to Europe to spread the Word.  We do not know much details yet.  We know that we are leaving Belize around July 25, and then will be living all over the UK (London, Scotland, ect) for 2 months.  We are very excited and are continuing training here to prepare us.  It is going to be crazy going from the sunny Caribbean to the rainy England. Marvin, the local on our team, has never left Belize, and I am SO excited for him to see another part of the world!

Sunday night me and Tina went into town and ate dinner at a restaurant right on the beach.  It was so much fun and a good get away from base food.  I love the town of San Pedro.  Its EXACLY what you would picture for an islands downtown.

Out teacher this week is INCREDIBLE.  His name is Jeff Pratt and he is teaching on the Father Heart of God.  I am learning so much.  We also have a test coming up where we have to memorize 100 countries and their capitals and fill them in on a map.  It sounds like a 5th grade geography test, but its actually kind of a lot. 

I had a GREAT birthday in the Caribbean! My roommates and team were great and it was such a dream come true to turn 22 in the Caribbean. 

Today I learned how to spear fish.  It was WAY harder than it looks.  I got close, but no luck for us today.  I felt so intense.  Me, Tina, T and Ally kayaked out to the reef and then we were swimming around with a spear trying to catch these fish. We brought a bag to put our fish in and we told everyone we were going to cook them that night. It was a low point coming back exhausted with no fish. Haha oopsies;)

We will decide by next week (I think) where our internship will be.  Our internship is from September 25 (right after our mission trip in Europe) until January 6.  Its on our own, so we wont be with the team anymore.  I am thinking for my internship I will want to work at a YWAM base.  I love YWAM and would love to learn more about it by being on staff through my internship.  Basically there are YWAM bases al over the world so I am praying where the Lord wants me.  Please pray the decisions I make are the Lords and not mine. 

I love and miss yall so much.  Thank you so much for your prayers and e mails, I have the best friends and family in the world.

 This was my birthday cake my team made me! Tina is on the left, and T is in the middle. I have great friends here!
 This is one of our balconies, and we eat most meals out here if the wind is not too bad! BEAUTIFUL!
 This is where I normally go for our off time.  I seriously get to study right here. i am trying to soak up every minute because i only have 2 months left on this island!
This was us being hardcore before spear fishing. we looked like a mess when we came back. its so hard!

2 comments:

  1. All I can say "You found the spot" all your friends are so beautiful. Boo you make me so proud! I love you and miss you so much xxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooo Pana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting news for you! Know it will be hard to leave your beautiful island, but this will be another new adventure for you! Looks like you had a great birthday. Love you!

    ReplyDelete