Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I arrived!

I arrived safely!  After my flight from Dallas to Belize City I boarded a TINY plane that seated maybe 12 people.  That took us to the island I am staying on.  We landed and then put our packs on and walked about 10 minutes to the "bus" which is a boat.  The walk was awesome and this town is too cool.  It is exactly what i would picture for island living.  On this boat were a ton of kids leaving school, like first graders taking the school bus home.  It was so cool and the kids are tooo cute.  So the "bus" drops people off at their docs.  We pulled up to ours after about a 25 minute boat ride, and i was in shock.  Where we stay in AMAZING.  I am rooming with 2 other girls, and if you look out our window we are about 15 feet from the ocean.  Its so beautiful and the water is completely blue and clear.  There are palm trees everywhere- it looks like a poster.  I will upload a picture tomorrow!

There are 5 girls and 2 guys in my school.  They are all pretty cool and from EVERYWHERE.  The staff here is so nice and welcoming.  We just ate dinner and we had some really good burgers.  I feel very comfortable and welcomed and am very glad I am here, it is exactly what I have wanted to do my entire life.

I dont know what our schedule is tomorrow, except that breakfast is from 730 to 9.. island living is a little slower..  I will get back to yall as soon as I can!

Love yall!

10 comments:

  1. Becca that sounds so soooo cool!!! I'm so happy it is what you pictured. I cannot wait to hear what God is doing in your life. I miss you so much already!

    -Nick-

    ReplyDelete
  2. BECCA!!! Island living is so cool. I am so proud of you! Only a matter of days and you will feel so natural there.

    I am going to check your blog tomorrow like it's Christmas morning because I can't wait to see a picture!

    Love You, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca! So glad you made it. Living your dream is exactly what you should be doing! Also..I bet you get up and run 10 miles despite jet lag...cause you are a rock star. LOVE YOU
    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont forget to put sunscreen on. and if you run in the sand to train, you'll prolly be an olympic runner when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo is living her dream! We should all be so lucky! Love you Boo! pana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the BIGGEST smile on my face reading that post! Can't wait for a photo! Glad u made it safely and have begun to settle in! Let the adventure begin! Proud of you!! Praying for you. Love that you are jumping feet first into a dream of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY YAY YAY! so glad you made it! Proud of you, Bec!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca...So glad your travels where safe! Sounds like you are as close to heaven as ever!!!! Enjoy every minute, Sweet Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEC! I'm so excited for you! And taking a boat to school sounds awesome. We take tractors and hayrides to school here in Prosper, so I can kind of relate. Love you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha Kim's comment made me giggle.. but I am so glad you're there! Living the dream.. I love it! Can't wait to see pictures! praying for you! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete