Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday!

Time here is already going so fast, I cannot believe it is already Friday.  School is VERY intense here and requires a lot of reading.  I am so pumped for our speaker to come next week.  Each week we have a speaker and that is who gives out lecture from 9 to 1.  This week has just been really basic stuff, and we are getting scubadive certified so we are watching a lot of videos for our test.  I am loving my time here more everyday. 
Yesterday after class me and T, a girl here went kayaking on the ocean.  Its just so pretty here I can’t believe I get to live here for the next 3 months.  Today I went snorkeling again and saw my first shark.!!! It was a baby nurse shark, but still very exciting.  A local who works here for YWAM caught it (of coarse) so I got to hold it when we got back to shore.  He also caught a lot of konk for dinner, and he cut it right when we got back to the beach and I tasted it and thought it was pretty dang good!
There is a local Belizean in our school and he is just so cool.  His story is crazy and I love seeing locals on this island grow like he is growing.  I am getting closer to the girls here.  Sometimes it is hard to communicate because people are from EVERYWHERE and everyone has accents (apparently including me) so sometimes its hard to understand eachother, but its getting easier.

We have free time in the afternoons to study, and it is just so cool that everyday I can walk on the beach and find a cool dock to just sit on by myself.  Its like a dream come true.
I miss yall and love yall, and your e-mails make my day.
this is me holding a shark!!
 This is my team!! they are all great and we are getting to know eachother fast.  its a blast!!

4 comments:

  1. THe water is sooooo clear! Miss you so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sand is whiter than snow and the water sparkles like your eyes. I thought you had a huge smile while you were in Haiti but your smile in these photos wrap around your face several times! Your friends all look very nice. We are so happy for you. I sure hope this is the biggest shark you will see?miss you and love you, Pana

    ReplyDelete
  3. niiiiiice! love the shark picture!!! the pictures are beautiful. i feel like i tell everyone i see about your experiences so far in belize! i'm living vicariously through you!! haha.. ps the mavs are up 3-0 in the series verse the lakers!!!!

    ReplyDelete