Wednesday, May 11, 2011

We did our last certification dive today, so all we have to do is take the test tomorrow and we are certified!  I am so pumped!  Scuba diving is one of the coolest things I have ever done.
Class is going great.  Today we continued to study different religions and then we studied some astrology.  It was very interesting and eye opening.
Tuesday nights we have leadership class and got assigned another book.  We are now also reading “Leadership is an Art” by Max De Pree.  So far its very good and I am learning a lot about leadership.
Today in “Don’t Waste Your Life” by John Piper I read this passage and LOVED it.  He said “Whatever you do, find the God-centered, Christ-exalting, Bible-saturating passion of your life, and find your way to say it and live for it and die for you.  You will make a difference that lasts.  You will not waste your life.”
I love how God gives us all passions for a reason, and that when He is the center of them He will use our passions for His glory and to make a difference.  Do what you are passionate about! 
We have three memory verses this week- Proverbs 14:12, Psalm 118:9, and Phil 4:8.  Look them up they are great verses to memorize!
Last night the wind got so loud and the ocean was so loud that I thought it was coming into our room.  I freaked out and got up to go look about 5 times.  It was a good bonding night with my roommates.
I love and miss yall, and I am loving it here more everyday, and the Lord is teaching me so much here through classes, training, and His creation.
 This is where I walk everyday around 4 or 5 to catch up on some reading, or just to get away for a little bit.  ITs about an 8 minute walk away and has really comfrotable furniture and the picture does not even give it justice to how blue the water is!
This is us in class.  We are in class from about 8 to 1. Chris our speaker is great this week!

3 comments:

  1. Love those verses! Phil 4:8 is one of my all time favorites. Praying so much for you Becca.... that God would speak so clearly... that He would guide your every step and protect your every move.aunt k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, sweetheart. I've tried to always follow my passions by doing work that I really cared about. We can certainly make a difference when we listen carefully to our passions and to God's intentions for us. Keep up the good work and ENJOY!

    Love you,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give us another update! I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete