Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Weekend and beginning of the week!

So I am just going to start from Friday because I have not been able to give a good update recently.  Friday we had our first oral gospel presentation where we had to share the gospel in our own creative way in 3 to 5 minutes.  it was way harder than i thought, and crazy to me that sharing the gospel is hard to do.  But it went good and we all did great! Friday night we went into town, ate amazing food, saturday and sunday we scuba dived, and then sunday I got to bike into town by my self which was such a good get away.  Weekends are so fun here, and a good break from school.

This week our speaker is John Peterson.  He is teaching on HOW to read the bible.  We are studying John this week, and have to read it everyday.  It takes me about 3 hours. Then we are tested the next morning over where exactly stories are in the book, which miracles are in John, which verses are in what chapter.  Its really intense but I am learning so much.

I eat lunch everyday with our cook, Laura.  She is incredible. She is a local and is one of the funniest and most blunt people I have ever met.  Her english is very good, so its easy to communicate. It is one of my favorite times of the day. Its so cool to see the different ways these people have grown up.

I am getting so close to the people here and its crazy how spending every second with people makes you bond so fast.  They are all great and some of the girls are becoming really good friends.  I could not have asked for a better team.  I still can't believe I wake up every morning to the ocean.

 This is me and Tina.  She is probably one of the FUNNIEST people I have ever met. She is from Minnesota and we are bunk buddies.So glad the Lord has blessed me with good friends here.
 Yep, we work out together here.  A little insanity.  I didnt think workout videos work, but i was so sweaty. I blamed the humidity
 So this looks jank, but some DANG good food comes from here! And its sooo cheap.  A little to the right and youre staring at the Caribbean! Its so BEAUTIFUL here.
This is where I go for the internet cafe.  I always get Pineapple juice, then its free internet.  I went there sunday by myself and met a couple from Idaho, and they bought me pineapple juice and french fries and we sat and talked for about an hour.  It was such a nice treat.  This place is literally straight on the beach.  I LOVE it here!

8 comments:

  1. How do you get to be a YWAM bible study teacher on the beach? That's what I want to be when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Boo, it is great seeing all the things you talk about. I am so happy you have already bonded with your team. I loved the study of John and loved how Jesus always referred to him as the disciple I love. The book of John is mostly spoken directly by Jesus with such great compassion and love and. his very first miracle of his ministry turning water into wine at a wedding I think it is so neat He chose a wedding where two loves are united to one! So many miracles in such a short span. I think the most important of all scriptures is John 14:6 -7 it describe eternal life!
    Tina is so pretty. The pineapple juice looks so good?
    We love you miss you soooooooo much

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice on the pineapple juice! next time ask them if they have that energy drink, toro...i'd be even more jealous of you. love you mon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living by the ocean is agreeing with you. You look great!!!Last year at BSF, we did the study of John & it is one of my favorites. Can't wait to hear more about your studies.
    Love you!!! Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. "i got really sweaty during the workout...but i blamed it on the humidity." HAHA!

    love this blog! please keep it up to keep us in the loop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post!! And the sharing of the Gospel in your own way that's awesome!! I can totally see how that'd be challenging! Love you and miss you mon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These blog updates are the highlight of my days. Love and miss you boop! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Boo....I love to log onto your blog and see your beautiful smiling happy face. I am so proud of you for so many reasons but, the fact that you are living out your dreams and making a difference in the lives of so many people are at the top of the list. You are truly an amazing young woman and an example to many by the way you are living out the Lord's purpose for your life and using the gifts HE has given you.

    I miss you terribly and love you more than you know!
    ~Ant Jen

    ReplyDelete