Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekends here are so fun! saturday and Sunday we do not have class, so we get to be outside more.  Saturday we had work duties, and I am on the team that goes into town to grocery shop for the week.  We take a boat into town and I am in charge of fruits and veggies.  Its so much because its for the entire base for an entire week, but i feel like i got to know the town more and I met some really cool people.  And its a super fun boat ride!  after that we got the afternoon off to study, so i laid out and studied for a couple hours, then took a kayak out really far to a good snorkel spot and saw some awesome stuff.  Last night we had a movie night, but i ended up studying.  I am a little overwhelmed with all the work, but i love it, and i get to study in paradise, so I am more than happy to!

Today we had off as well.  I spent the morning studying on the beach, and then biked 5 miles into town to an internet cafe.  it was a fun bike ride, but a sand bike and biking on sand is VERY different than my road bike on the college station roads.  It took about a mile of getting used to, but then I figured it out and LOVED biking by the water.  

For my first book report I am reading Desiring God by John Piper.  The Lord is already teaching me so much.  I am almost done with my scuba diving book, and we will be certified by next weekend and have out first dive!  I am PUMPED.  I am in Leviticus in the bible, which is kinda boring, but I am trecking through!

I love my time here more everyday and am learning so much. Our first speaker comes tomorrow, so we are back to class tomorrow!  I cant wait to share with yall what I learn. 

Love yall!

Shout out to the BEST MOM EVER!!! happy mothers day mom!! miss you!


 This is the stand i get the fruits and veggies.  I tell the guy what I need, he gives me what he has, leaves for about 20 minutes and comes back with the rest.  in the mean time people come up and take fruit from the stand and just leave money for him. its veryyyy different here.  everyone trusts eachother its so funny
 This is my bunk i sleep in.  I walk right out my door and am about 10 feet from the ocean.
This was out 5mile bike into town!

7 comments:

  1. I love everything but your bunks !LOL you look radiant! Love love love your updates. Miss you and love you, Pana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the beginning of a wonderful adventure and an opportunity to learn so much! Can't wait to read more about it.

    Love you!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca-I am so excited for you! God is so good!!! p.s. I love John Piper- that's an awesome book. aunt k

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have such a beautiful best friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet being so close to the ocean and hearing the waves hit the beach, makes you sleep like a baby!!! It is so beautiful there. Have a great week. Love, Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cool! way to hold a shark! i know you wanna see more of them...but try to not hold the bigger ones k?!? :) thanks! love seeing pictures...can't believe you are literally living on the beach! :) dream come true. miss you

    ReplyDelete