Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The first full day was awesome.  School here is pretty intense, but I love it and learned so much in just one day.  Today I woke up at 530 (because the sun rises at 415 here… crazy) and I went on a run.  Its so pretty here and there is a road that goes right along the ocean.  There are no cars on this island- everyone travels by bike or boat.  Its so different.  We had class today from 9 to 12.  I have already learned so much.  We got a break and they gave us Cokes and we drank cokes under our palapa.  We ate lunch and then did team builing stuff, which is not my favorite, but I had a good attitude ;)  for school we have to read 4 book and do a book report on all of them and we have to read the entire bible, so its going to be a really intense 3 months, but there is nothing I would rather do than read on the ocean!  Today we were done at 2, and me and 2 other girls went snorkeling.  We can literally swim out right from our beach to a beautiful coral reef and it goes on forever.  We saw sea turtles, blow fish, starfish were everywhere, konk, and a million different types of fish.  It was BEAUTIFUL.  We snorkeled for about an hour then in our swim suits and bare feet we walked to a grocery store down the street from us.  It was so cute and about the size of my room at home.  The people here are so nice.  After that I studied until dinner and for dinner we ate mac and cheese.  The food here is GREAT but I try and stuff my self at meals because we only get 3 meals a day and we cant eat food in the kitchen when its not meal time, so there are no snacks.  But the food is so good.

I am loving my time here so far!  The people I am here with are great and from EVERYWHERE.  One person did not know where dallas was, so its weird saying I’m from Texas and not dallas.  



10 comments:

  1. I am ready to move to Belize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the update!!! keep them coming :) we love you sooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS SO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear you will not starve :) I know you were worried :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhhhh these pictures are beautiful!!! becca it sounds like the best experience ever.. studying the Bible while at the beach, can't get much better than that!! so excited to hear your first day went so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds and looks wonderful!!! I will be sharing daily scripture that I read each day & here is today's: " I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord...plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 19:11. God is so great and speaks to us each day when we open our hearts and ears. This one was just for you!!
    Love you! Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watch out! I'm comin to visit! Save some snorkeling for me! ;) gorgeous bec! Love that you are really there-livin' up what u have talked about for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? This is where you live?! Im jumping on a plane right now... See you soon!

    But really, it seems perfect for you thus far.. I've got a big smile on my face just thinking about it. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks unreal. From now on when I talk about you and what you are doing I will say...Becca is doing "missions" and doing a lot of "serving"...haha jk...but really what is with the sweet hook up??? So tight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not convinced that you didn't take pictures of the posters that used to be on your ceiling and just post them on here. That is ridiculous! Which do you think is prettier, Dallas or Belize?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful place and an incredible journey you are beginning. Enjoy! And keep us posted on your adventures! Love you, E

    ReplyDelete